Wednesday, February 18, 2009

LOCKDOWN

It is now day 7 of lockdown.  Although the kids are continuing to get better, they are still not tip top (the doc says it takes at least 10 days or more to get rid of the RSV virus).  I am going a bit stir crazy and If you have gotten any of my  "I'm bored" emails or blog comments, I apologize.  It is just my desperate attempt at having any sort of adult conversation!  (Ever since I have made my blog private, I haven't been getting too many comments.  Going private SUCKS!)
Anyway, the down time hasn't been all bad.  I've gotten a lot done around the house... tons of laundry for example.  And I have been doing some experimenting with a new cookbook that I bought.  For all of you moms like me out there who are tired of thinking of fun and creative ways to get your kids to eat their veggies......this book is for you!  It's called Deceptively Delicious and was written by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry Seinfeld's wife).  I have to admit that the Lasagna made with sweet potato was not my favorite, but the coffee cake with yellow squash, chocolate muffins with avocado, and pancakes with pumpkin and sweet potato were really good!  My kids didn't even know they were eating veggies! -- hence the "Deceptive" in Deceptively Delicious.

This morning I made green eggs with spinach puree.  I know what you are thinking...GROSS!  But not really...they were actually really good.  And I mad it fun by finding the Green Eggs and Ham cartoon on YOUTUBE and letting Ava watch it before we ate them.  It was great! And the best part about it.......
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
   



My kids LOVED them!

PS:  Ava likes hers with "Cheeeez" on top!

PPS:  You can find the cook book here.
You can find the cartoon here.

9 comments:

Kelli said...

I am so sorry that your kids have been so sick. It is in the air..or so I hear. I have a five month old, so my life exists of staying at home and doing nothing but cleaning, laundry, cooking, listening to my kids fight, and blogging. I feel your pain. I really want to take a look at this cookbook. Where did you buy it? Oh, and by the way..I haven't seen you forever.

MegBass said...

Thats awesome that they loved the healthy food! It does sound disgusting but I'll take your word for it!! Hopefully we can get together soon after the sickies are all better!!

Sherice said...

Going private does kinda suck I have to admit! I keep reminding myself that it was a good thing- for my kids' sake. We've had the ol' RSV bug at our house the last couple weeks too. We should get together. We're all infested anyways!! Call me if you guys are bored. OH, and those green eggs sound delectible. I love spinach in anything. I'm weird.

The Johnson Fam said...

We just went the rounds with the RSV bug and it was horrible! I thought I was going to lose my mind because we couldnt go anywhere. I hope Ava and Sadie get feeling much better.
The green eggs and ham thing is a super cute idea! I dont think my Sadie would be a big fan, she is just too picky!

Nichole said...

That sucks you are in quarantine.. I bet your going crazy, (you'd have to be to cook the sweet potato lasagna. lol!! I hope they get feeling better soon for your sake and THEIRS!!!!! Poor kids

Nichole said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sarah said...

I didn't know you're fighting RSV! That SUCKS. Audrey had it when she was 3 weeks old. Call me! I'm always up for adult convo.

Andrea and Justin said...

My kids have also been sick and you wouldn't think that you would get sick here in sunny Hawaii, but I guess no matter were you live it is inevitable.

Heather said...

I hope you guys can come to Sofia's blessing, it would be fun to see you guys!! Your girls are so cute and are getting so big!!