I think that the time that I flew off my chair into the bushes was the last silly moment that I have shared with everyone. I wish I could say that moments like that in my life are few and far between. But sadly they are not. I am clumsy and scatter brained. What can I say.
Today after I made a delightful stop at the Farmington DMV, I realized that I was completely on empty. I stopped at the closest gas station and filled up my car.....all while trying to find the babies bottle to stop her from crying and also pay attention to Ava and her 5000 questions......"Mom, what day is it tomorrow?.......Mom can you get me a drink?..........Mom, when can I play with Layla and Marina? Mom, did you know I can Kung Fu you?...Mom.......MOm.........MOM!" Did I mention I was also talking to my sister on my cell?
Anyway, after getting gas I headed for home....and I got almost to Layton when I donned on me.....Hmmm I don't remember paying for my gas.....I remember getting it, but I don't remember actually paying for it............... OH CRAP! I immediately turned the car around and headed back to Chevron. On the way back I wondered........." have they called the police yet?........could they arrest me?.....could they?
Well I went back and paid for my gas and fortunately they did not put me in cuffs, but I was thinking that this would be a great opportunity for me to teach Ava about being honest and stealing. I told her that it was wrong to steal and that we need to be honest and always pay for what we take. "That's why Mommy went back to pay for her gas". She was totally into it and I was proud that I had turned the situation into a positive one.
The funny thing is that the first thing she did when Dad walked through the door was yell, "DAD.....Mom stold gas today!!!!"















16 comments:
Sooo funny I have stolen many things before on accident!!! I would go into a store with my stroller and put stuff on it and unknowingly shut the hood and walked out with clothes!! So embarrassing!! At least they are nice about it when you return them.
Ha ha that is so funny. I can totally relate to that.
I did that a few years ago; I was getting gas, was on my cell phone, and drove off without paying. When I got back to my office and realized what I had done, I called them to tell them that I realized I hadn't paid and was headed back to pay them. They had already called my plate number in to the PoPo and reported me as a drive off, but in the end, no harm no foul.
Wouldn't it be interesting to be arrested with 2 kids in tow! I'm sure they would take pitty on you after Ava's questioning and Sadie screaming. :)
Cassie, We would love to come.... Brian is just really tired of not being at his own house. The thought of him staying over somewhere else makes him sick will have been in the hotel for 11 nights and in class all day and had to go to dinner with the same 5 people everynight and end with a study group. We really really appreciate the offer he just needs time to regroup and get back to normal!! Its just the way it goes I am dying to go places when he gets back and he wants to stay home! It takes us about a week or two to get back on the same page!
Please invite us again we would love to come and hang out.
That's hilarious. I hate it when they get old enough to tell on you! How was Spencer's birthday?
Too funny! i am glad the cops weren't on the way!
That is awesome Cassie! You are so hilarious. I am sure Spencer won't let you live this down for a while. Can't wait to see you guys. This baby is getting ready to make her way out. We will keep you posted.
I really feel for you. I'm sure you are not the first person to have done this. Being a Mom is a wild job!
At least you remembered to put the nozzle back. My mom once did the same as you, but she ripped the nozzle off the pump as well!
By the way I've started The Memoir's of Cleopatra. If I hate the the book, no big deal, I'll just never talk to you again. j/k I'm excited to read it.
LOL! Too funny- Ava is a hoot!
You are so funny!!! I can honestly say I have never done it with gas but I just did it the other day with a hat at Gymboree in the stroller and had to go back and pay for it... I do good to remember my kids let alone something I can't see shoved in the hood of my stroller!!!
I've shop-lifted on a few different occasions...whoops! I always make it better, but it is a little embarassing. I'm glad I'm not alone. Happy Birthday to Spencer!!
I always new you were shaddy Cas! LOL
I think I'm going to start locking my front door. I probably need to not leave my keys in the ignition anymore either. I had no idea, Cassie! LOL - Jen
Congrats on the "Gas'n'Go"
Post a Comment