Saturday, October 11, 2008

Second Day

We went to the top of the Sears Tower today....Wow, what an amazing view.  The Sears Tower is the tallest building in Chicago with a whole whopping 110 stories.  While up at the top, I closed my eyes and I could actually feel the building swaying a bit from the wind......I won't lie.......it was a bit unsettling.....but still cool.  
We also took a trip on a red double-decker tour bus.  Chicago has a ton of old buildings with some pretty interesting architecture.  We saw Trump Tower, Soldier Field, The Magnificent Mile (an awesome mile of shopping, which I will be exploring in depth tomorrow.), Navy Pier, and Oprah Winfrey's residence.  Did you know that she takes a helicopter to and from work every day?....crazy.  We also saw the only two buildings that survived the Great Fire of 1871.
I am pretty impressed by our hotel.  The beds are comfy and the food is delicious!  Tomorrow I am going to try the Ricotta Pancakes..........sigh.

 

4 comments:

Shelley said...

I am jealous.

Carly said...

Where are you guys staying at?

spenceandcass said...

The Ritz Carlton.

Nicole said...

Can't beat a Chicago vacation at th Ritz Carlton!