Monday, July 21, 2008

Ava's crazy pirate party!


WARNING LAND LOVERS:  Be prepared for LOTS AND LOTS of pirate pictures!
For Ava's Birthday this year we went a little overboard with a way fun pirate party.  Our family and a few friends and neighbors were there to help celebrate.  Thanks all of you for coming and making it a great time.
As each child arrived, we dressed them like pirates.....complete with eye patches, swords, hooks, and even mustaches!  The kids loved playing the part.
This is my favorite pic of Captain birthday girl.....just had to throw it in.

The kids weren't the only ones who went pirate crazy.....Grandpa Spencer also joined in the fun.  He makes a great pirate, don't you think?
Here's a group pic of all the little pirates making their scariest pirate faces!
I had a Martha Stewart moment ( a first for me) and decided to make a pirate birthday cake.  

We ate awesome pirate delicacies including yummy barnicles, sea shell stew, sea weed, frogs eggs, and jelly fish.  And we washed it all down with shark's blood (red cool aid) and fresh sea water (blue Gatorade)
What a cute pirate!
The kids had a great time playing sink the pirate ship.
If their pirate ship was sunk, they had to walk the plank!.....sorry guys.
Spence led the kids on a treacherous treasure hunt.
Ava got a little tired half way through and Dad had to carry her out.

YES AVA....please stop asking......you can open your presents now!
At the end of the evening Mom and Dad were worn right out!  Ava, on the other hand, was bright eyed and bushy tailed.  I think she could have partied all night.  She rode home with a great big smile and a mouth full of candy.
Happy 4th Birthday Ava!

20 comments:

Alicia said...

So super cute!! Great job on everything Martha!!

Sarah said...

You are AWESOME! What a great mom. Ava is one lucky girl! I love the cake. Thanks again!

LUKE AND MONICA said...

Wow! You aren't kidding you really did go all out. What a lucky girl!

Bonnie said...

How fun for Ava, what great memories she'll have of her 4th birthday. What a fun mother you are!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Ava! I love that she had a pirate party...what a cool girl!!! Looks like you guys had a blast!

THE WILSONS said...

How fun! Can't believe Ava is 4!. Wow. What a great party. I love that she rode home with a mouth full of candy! What a great b-day.
Jenny

Bethers said...

The cake was a masterpiece!!! My granddaughters think the "P" word is "Princess." I love that Ava went with "Pirates!"

Merrill Family said...

Such cute girls!!! I am glad you found my blog, it's fun to stay in touch. We definitely have memories from the good old days! I remember when we went on a double date to the zoo with one of your patient's that was in a wheelchair. We went on lots of double dates together. Do you still work as a nurse at all? Where do you guys live now?

Nicole said...

Looks like a fun party, gotta love it that Ava wants a pirate party and not some princess party. Justin's Grandpa Bob got a big kick out of Grandpa Spencer dressed up like a pirate!

Nicole said...

Looks like a fun party, gotta love it that Ava wants a pirate party and not some princess party. Justin's Grandpa Bob got a big kick out of Grandpa Spencer dressed up like a pirate!

Jen D said...

It looks like you threw a great Pirate Party! Ava is an adaroable pirate. Good job on your cake too!

Maeve said...

I love the Pirate theme party! So cute and fun. Ava is a darling Pirate.

Amber Jensen said...

Cassie,
Your girls are so cute! I was so excited to come across your blog. I am living in AZ now. How are you doing? I loved reading your blog, very funny. You have such a fun and silly personality. I really enjoyed working with you at Mckay. Amber (Hill) Jensen

Bryce and Janica said...

Dang cute party Cassie! I'm a little T.O.'d though, why wasn't I invited? I know I would have had fun, maybe the big 5 yr, keep me posted, I'll be waiting for the singing telegram.

Sherice said...

Cass-what an awesome party you threw there! I think you aced it-right down to the last detail. Those were some scary looking pirates, that's fun grandpa got into it too! Loved your cake!! Looks like it was a great success!! Good job to you, and Happy Birthday to Ava!!

Jaycie Allen said...

Happy Birthday Ava!! Cass, Lance and Nat said the party was awesome. Good Job!! It looks like a lot of hard work.

The Johnson Fam said...

That party looks AWESOME! The pirate theme is sweet.

Hannah Grant said...

i loved the party thanks for invideing us

Jenni said...

What a good mom you are! It looks like all had fun and it's always good when you can get the adults going too, way to go!!!

Jessica Kettle said...

what an adorable party! happy b-day ava! I will call you when i get back!