Monday, May 19, 2008

TAGGED

Ava and Sadie have been tagged by their handsome little friend Maxwell Kettle.  So here goes:
10 THINGS ABOUT BOTH AVA AND SADIE!

1.  AVA is 3 years old {soon to be 4 in July and I can't believe it!} and  she is the light of my life.  She is continually cracking me up with the hilarious things that come out of her mouth.  The other day while driving in the car I asked her if she would like to play soccer or take a kid yoga class when she gets a little bigger.  She said sure mom!  When I get big I will play soccer.......and do yoga.......and grow boobies!  But only girls get boobies, huh mom. " My fwend  Jackthon (Jaxson) would look ridiculuth with boobies!"

2.  Ava has a real bug fetish lately.  Potato bugs and worms are her favorite and she will spend hours in the yard catching them.  Every morning I step out onto my porch to find a tupperware full of bugs from the previous day of bug hunting.  They are dead, of course, because I can't convince her that the bugs need air and to leave the lid off!

3.  Ava LOVES candy.  She would eat candy for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I would allow it.  She doesn't know that I know this.... but she keeps a stash of candy in her bedside table.

4.  Ava is quite the mischievous kid.  She loves to tease..... possibly even more than her dad does.  Her favorite thing to do is lick my face when I go in for a goodnight kiss.  I don't know why, but it totally catches me off guard every time!  When will I ever learn????

5.  Ava already has an opinion on how we should fix her hair each day!  No pig tails......No curls......No braids.....JUST STRAIGHT MOM!  Every once in a while I get away with pulling it back into a pony tail.  If I am really lucky I get her to wear pig tails to church.  I just love her in pig tails!

6.  She is also VERY opinionated about what she wears.  I bought her a really cute plaid jumper  the other day, and by the way she carried on, you would have thought I wanted her to wear a bright red nose and a clown suit

7.  AVA is not your average girly girl.  If I take her to Toys R Us to pick out a toy she is most definitely coming home with a sword....... a dinosaur....... or a plastic bug collection.  ABSOLUTELY NO DOLLS! 
"they're dumb!"

8.  Ava is a sweet and loving little girl.  She is always giving me hugs and telling me that she loves me.  She is also very smart because she has started doing this when she's in trouble and I have a hard time getting mad at her when she wails, "But I REALLY REALLY love you mom!"

9.  Ava LOVES to play with her best friends Layla and Marina {our next door neighbors}.  They play every day... sometimes several times a day.  Layla is 4, Ava is 3, and Marina is 2 and they all play extremely well together.

 10.  Ava is the most loving big sister.  I was really worried that she would be jealous of a new baby because I remember being jealous of my little sister when she was born.  But Ava loves her so much and is always willing to help me with her.   Sometimes when she doesn't think I am looking I will catch her giving Sadie hugs and kisses and saying, "you is a cute chunky baby!"

SADIE

1.  SADIE is 8 months old and can light up a room with her smile.  She is the most happy and loving baby.  Sometimes I catch her smiling between cries.

2.  SADIE had colic for about the first 4 months of her life.  She was miserable and cried day and night {no exaggeration} But now she is doing great!  She sleeps for about 8 hours straight during the night, gets up for a bottle bottle around 6 am, and then goes back to sleep for a couple more hours.  It is wonderful!  

3.  SADIE  does not take a binky!  At first I was really worried about this because I always gave Ava a binky to calm her down.  But the truth is, Sadie rarely cries unless she is hungry or tired.  I haven't really needed the binky after all.

4.  Her first and only word, so far, is DaDa.  I don't really think she knows what it means because she doesn't only call Spencer DaDa........she calls me DaDa......she calls Ava DaDa......the dog is also DaDa.

5.  SADIE loves to eat!  She manages to get food everywhere ..... in her ears..... in her nose.......and in her hair.  Her favorite foods are bananas, prunes, and cheerios.   She is not too crazy about peas.

6.  She still happens to be toothless at 8 months, but she still does pretty well without teeth.   To my horror, Ava fed her raisins the other day and I totally thought she was going to choke.  But she somehow managed to gum them down.  Did I mention she likes raisins too?

7.  SADIE loves her big sister Ava because Ava  acts really silly and always makes her laugh.  It's a lot of fun to see them starting to play together.

8.  She loves her doggy Bella and loves to pull her tail and ears. {sometimes a little too hard}

9.  SADIE is still pretty much bald.  I tried putting a clip in her hair yesterday, but she didn't have enough hair to keep it in.  

10.  SADIE IS SQUISHY!  Yes squishy..... squishy cheeks..... squishy legs......and squishy little bum.  She was 5 weeks early and still weighed 6 pounds at birth.  She is definitely a healthy little thing and I love love love to squish her.

  Ava and Sadie tag River, Brighton and Tadem, Abby and Audrey, Hayden and Andy, Austin, Jaxson, and Jake, Brinleigh, Porter and Wyatt,  Kenna, Kinlee, Jaron, and Easton, Savanna,  Ethan, Jack and Gracie.  Have fun guys!

9 comments:

Monica said...

That was the greatest post Cass! Your girls are the cutest things ever...i mean it!! I am still laughing about the boobies story...how funny is that girl! I want to see and hang out with her...we need to get together!! You are such a great and fun mom!!

I need to now get started on Ethan's tag!!

Thanks for a fun post...made me smile all the way through!!

Tara said...

You have the most beautiful darling girls!!! It was so much fun reading and laughing about your darling girls. Jaxson just loves Ava. You are such a fun mom! I love ya!

Stephanie said...

They are so cute, Cass!! Awww! How sad is it that I have never even met Ava? WEIRD!

Mama Mia said...

So fun to hear details about your girls!

Nicole said...

You have really done a lot of fun stuff with your blog, I am just starting mine and have got some great ideas from you. What cute little girls!! Ava is the funniest little girl, she sits in front of us in primary and makes me and Matt laugh all the time!

Chelseys Blog said...

This is Trav youngs wife. We stumbled on your blog from Oliver and Carly's. VERY CUTE girls. We added you guys to our blog, hope that is ok. Feel free to check us out at travandchelsyoung.

Sarah said...

Your girls are darling. I would definitely squeeze that little Sadie too, she is so sweet!
K, I am trying to think of 10 things I can write. I have already written so much about them, I don't know if I can come up with anything new!

The Cooper family said...

i love them! muah! we need to get our vacation done! i can't wait any longer! lol

Mike and Audrey said...

I don't think I've ever laughed that hard! Ava is the most hilarious kid I know. You should put together an Ava quote book. Sadie is so cute, we love squishy babies! Cassie, we should get the kids together next week, Tuesday?