Sunday, October 03, 2010

Fish Story


We spent some time at the cabin last weekend. Partly to celebrate my 31st birthday, and partly just to spend some good quality time.. just the 4 of us.... and the dogs, of course.

Dad taught Ava how to cast and they spent most of the afternoon casting their poles into the river. But unfortunately they didn't catch a thing. After a few hours, a disappointed Dad gave up and went inside, but Ava's a trooper... she stayed out longer and tried her luck.

AND SHE CAUGHT A FISH ALL BY HERSELF!!!

A 14 inch cutthroat to be exact! I don't know who was more excited, Ava or her Dad!
.... maybe Dad!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Persistence pays off!!! Way to go Ava.

Sherice said...

Way to go Ava!! I seriously love your blog Cass, I could hang out here for a while. Congrats on your new addition- that Max looks like a real stud muffin! Funny how you live right down the street from me, yet I never really see you. Life is too crazy! Can't wait to see your new paint:)