Wednesday, March 04, 2009

First family road trip - St. George!

{Dear Luke and Monica, I know you are secretly jealous of my awesome green shoes.  Don't worry, I can tell you where to get them.}

We just returned from our very first family road trip!  Spence has a bunch of family that live in St. George and his cousin Luke  and Luke's wife Monica were having their new baby blessed.  We hadn't seen their little girl yet....who is now 3 months old..... so we decided to pay them a visit!  

So, without further ado, I would like to introduce you to little Miss Sofia Nichole Draper!!!
I LOVE her squishy cheeks!  What a doll!

This little pumpkin reminds me so much of Ava when she was that age.  (looks and temperament)  And It brought back so many fun memories.  It's hard to believe that my little Ave's is almost 5 years old!  Man where did the time go?  
After the blessing we went over to Aunt Debbie and Uncle Ray's for dinner.  It was great laughing and catching up with everyone.  The Draper's are hilarious.  Ava and Sadie had loads of fun playing with their St. George cousins, who are all fairly close in age.  Above are some pics of them all playing together in the Draper's backyard. 

Oh Twenty Five Main....... where have you been all my life?

Twenty Five Main is a fun little restaurant that makes THE BEST cupcakes!  Now, I am not usually a cupcake person {mainly because I don't care for frosting- too sweet!}, but these cupcakes are delicious!  The kids thought so too.  Now I'm pretty sure that you can only find this little restaurant in St. George, but.......I would totally be down for having one in Layton! Now who do I talk to about arranging that?

 Later that evening we packed up the kids and their bathing suits and headed back to Aunt Debbie's for a little dip in the hot tub.  Uncle Ray came home from work to warm it up just for us!  Thanks Ray!  The kids had a BLAST!  They stayed in the water until they were all wrinkly like raisins.  Dad and Luke had a great time too..... with each other. { I will probably be posting the picks of them sword fighting with the pool noodles later this week.  So stay tuned.}  These guys can't get enough of each other.  They get all giddy and giggly like little boys when they get together.  It's sooooo funny!
THANK YOU LUKE AND MONICA and the Draper's for inviting us into your homes and showing us such a good time!  We love ya!  Now it's your turn to visit us up North!
I'm serious.

10 comments:

Mikol said...

I'm glad you all enjoyed your trip, sounds fun! It is a small world, I'm a Draper. Leon and my dad are cousins. :)

Anne said...

I love all your pic's! Your kids are darling! Sounds like you had so much fun!

LUKE AND MONICA said...

Thanks a ton for coming down. We love getting together with you guys! And I know the boys had a blast on their day date :) You guys are awesome and I can't wait until Sofia and Sadie are old enough to play with each other. Maybe we will get adventurous and try to get up there in the next month or two. We love you guys!

Stephanie said...

Oooooh, Cass I'm so jealous! I love St. George SO much! 25 Main is great, huh? It's such a cute little place. And the pics of the girls are adorable! :) I'm glad you guys had fun in my favorite place!

Heather said...

It was so fun seeing you guys!! We had alot of fun... hopefully we will make a trip up there soon...

Bryce and Janica said...

Sounds like you had a great time, I love St. George! Oh ya, Bryce has a couple of guy friends, that when they get together they laugh and giggle like that too, do we need to be worried? Or is that normal? I think they pretend to be all manly and not emotional, but every now and then we catch them!

Jenni said...

I LOVE St. George! It looks likes you had a blast, and I WANT THSE SANDALS!!! You guys have been busy and sick too! I was in lockdown all last week! We ALL got Influenza A, YIKES!!! I know how it is to have a decrease in comments from going private too, I just keep telling myself that is keeps my family safe!! I will keep commenting to keep you happy:) Your darling Cass and have such a cute family!

Carly said...

Sofie looks SOOOOOOOOOO cute! She is beautiful and your kids are too Cass.

MegBass said...

You did great on the pics cass! I wish I knew how you do that! I miss your kids, I love that post of Sadie you did, you caught the cutest faces! Sofia is such a little doll!

mann fam said...

What cute pics of your adorable girls!! I'm so jealous, Jon and I were saying today we need to get away BAD!! We have been going crazy all cooped up here with nothing to do...ya know. So his meeting went ok. Not as well as we hoped, but we are just thankful he can apply within IHC again. We are just hoping to get back on our feet and back to normal again. He had an interview today, hope he gets the job!!! :)