Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Christmas

I know that Christmas was a while back, but I am just now finding the time to blog about.  We had a great time with the family this year.  Christmas Eve was spent with my side of the fam.......{thanks to my Dad and Mom for the awesome new snow blower!  Spence has been finding every excuse to use it.  I'm sure the Perovich's are greatful for it too.}  We spent Christmas day with Spencer's side of the family and the food was AWESOME.  My mother-in-law Sherry made THE BEST turkey and stuffing that I have ever tasted.  
I have to say, though, that the BEST part was seeing the looks on my girl's faces on Christmas morning.  There's something about having kids that makes the holiday thing so much better!
Ava was thrilled that Santa brought her a Roman sword, shield, breast plate and helmet.  She felt very tough running around all morning in just the armor and her underpants.  It was pretty dang cute and I wish that I would have pulled out my camera.  
I thought I would take a chance this year and get Ava some cute Little Mermaid PJ's.  But after she got the box open I heard her mumble, "Oh Bummer", underneath her breath.  Bummer indeed.  Better luck next year.
Santa brought Sadie a wooden doll house complete with 6 wooden dolls and wooden furniture........and she loved it!  She will spend hours arranging and rearranging the furniture.
She also got some pretty pink princess PJ's.......I think this kid's going to like girly stuff......YAHOO!
Ava was quite tuckered out from all the excitement.  Poor Bella was pinned down and unable to wiggle free.

Santa ate all of the cookies and drank the milk too!

Arial pajamas.......Bummer!
Now this is more like it!
Time for a candy break.

3 comments:

Bertie said...

That is so funny about the Ariel pj's! Lol!:) What a fun Christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Cassie, I'm glad you guys had a good time. I agree, having kids really makes the holidays better. Oh, and sorry to hear about the PJ's dismay. Bummer!

Baldwin Fam said...

We love the sword combo deal. :) It's what every little girl needs.

Tigi's definitely as girly as girls get. She's probably more Sadie's style. :)