Friday, August 22, 2008

Good Reads

I was talking to my friend Jamie tonight about good books that we have read and it got me thinking that I'm a little behind on my book blogging.  If you could care less or are just not much of a reader....feel free to stop reading at any time.

Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn

So, I finished Breaking Dawn a couple of weeks ago and have been meaning to write a little bit about it.  I jumped on the bandwagon last year and I read the whole Twilight series within a few weeks.  I was MORE than  anxious for this last book to be released! {Yes, I was totally one of those people who went to Wal mart at midnight to get a copy}.  
There were a few slow parts, but over all , it was really good.  It wasn't as great as Twilight {I couldn't put that one down}, but I would pretty much read anything by Stephanie Meyer....she's great!
The Boleyn Inheritance (Boleyn)
My favorite type of book is historical fiction!  I LOVE EM!  If you are interested in the story of King Henry VIII and his many wives and have never read any of Philippa Gregory's books....you should read them!  I finished this one a few weeks ago.  It tells the story of Henry and his next two wives after Anne Boleyn.  Pretty Crazy.  I loved it, as I have loved all of Phillippa Gregory's books.  If you're interested, I would start with her first books The Queen's Fool, The Other Boleyn Girl, and The Virgin's Lover....hope you like them!

The Memoirs of Cleopatra (Paperback)-Margaret George (Author)-Image
Speaking of historical fiction......THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOK EVER!  No...it's not a recent read....I read it like 5 years ago, but since I am on the topic of great books.....I just had to mention it!  It tells the story of Cleopatra's life before and after she becomes Queen of Egypt.  I found it FASCINATING and impossible to put down!  

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I haven't read the twilight books yet, I guess I need to. Haven't seen you guys for a while, are you loving not being in primary?? Me too!! Poor Matt!!

Jenni said...

I feel the same way about Breaking Dawn, not my favorite of the series!!!

Mama Mia said...

Love Twilight, just read the Other Boyeln Girl LOVED IT! I have to read the others... which one should I read next since I am all out of order? I didn't know there were more...:)

Stephanie said...

Thanks, Cass! Historical Fiction is my favorite, too. If you haven't read "Children of the Promise" by Dean Hughes, you DEFINITELY should! Gilbert Morris is another one of my favorite authors. Sounds like we have similar taste. :)

Bethers said...

It was fun to hear your comments on the books. I have read several of them but the Cleopatra one is new to me....I'll have to check it out. The Host by Stephanie Meyer is really good.