I just finished INFIDEL by Ayaan Hirsi Ali. It was awesome! I'm usually not a huge fan of autobiographies, but this one is truly a page turner. Ayaan Hirsi Ali was born in Somalia and raised Muslim. She also lived parts of her life in Saudi Arabia and Africa. It was really interesting learning about the Muslim countries, their believes, and their way of life. WHAT AN EYE OPENER! We are Soooo privileged to live in the good old US of A! I have a hard time understanding people who live in this country and claim to hate it.....especially after reading this!
Hirsi Ali's story is extremely inspiring. You may not agree with every word, but you will definitely walk away from this book with a deep respect and admiration for this woman!
If you are looking for a new book to pick up for the summer.....I suggest this one.















4 comments:
Looks like I will be heading to the book store soon! Thanks for the recomendation!
I am always looking for a good book referral...Thanks!! I love your cute little family!!
It is a great book. Kind of scarey to see what Muslims really believe. I'm so thankful to live in a country where we are able to express ourselves freely, and believe in the things we want to, and not be persecuted for those beliefs. We truly are blessed.
Thanks for the recommendation! I'll have to check it out too:) I always love a good read!
Post a Comment