I have always loved to read! There is nothing like losing yourself for hours in a good book. However, since the children, I am afraid there hasn't been much time for books.....or any self pampering for that matter. But while we were on our trip to Puerto Rico a few weeks ago, I was actually able to read a great book from cover to cover. It felt great! I almost forgot how much I love to read.
"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini {recommended by my mother-in-law} was a powerful story of two young boys growing up in Afghanistan. This book gives you a glimpse at Middle Eastern culture and politics. {which I have never been interested in until after reading this book} It's interesting and sad to hear of the violence and corruption that people in other parts of the world have to deal with on a day to day basis. To sum this up....this book is one of those that is hard to put down. I loved it.
If any of you have have read any good books, please share. I am anxious to start another. I would love to do some sort of blogger-book club in the future.















12 comments:
Is it depressing? It sounds interesting, but I don't handle the sadness of that culture very well. Have you read 'I am a Mother' by Jane Clayson Johnson? It makes you excited to be a stay at home mom. I also just finished book 3 in the Fablehaven series. It's hard to put down, but it is fantasy, not nearly as noble as your book. You can borrow any of them from me if you are interested! I have also been thinking of starting a blogger book club. Sounds fun!
It is somewhat depressing. But, more interesting and has a great story.
Cass....I would recommend any book by Phillipa Gregory or Margaret George....and I also recommend borrowing any book from my mom so you don't have to actually pay for it!!! ;)
p.s. have you read "The Time Travelers Wife?" It's a really good ready too...btw I wanna read the Kite Runner too if you haven't already passed it on.
You have to read A Thousand Splendid Suns by the same author as Kite Runner. It is depressing but so good.
I am so glad that you found me!!! How did you find me by the way? Life is so crazy this is the best way to keep in touch and it doesnt take away from anyones time (usually) Great blog!! Keep in touch even though I can see your house from my office!!!
That one has been on my list for quite sometime...I'm going to steal it from you.
life of pi. awesome book. the death of vishnu. even better book. and Im sorry i didn't go to spin yesterday, i woke up and i couldn't open my eyes! they were glued shut and have been all swollen for two days, i went to insta care yesterday morning, and i have a MASSIVE sinus infection. so sorry! i try not to be too flaky, but i am a puss when i am sick, i absolutely can't run if my head feels like crap. see you maybe next week.
Good to hear from you!!! Your girls are darling...I'm glad you found the link on Tara's site!!!
I liked this book as well but found some parts were HARD to read. Because of them I haven't seen the movie...have you?
The last book I read was The Glass Castle by Janette Walls! Go out and get it....the story is true and amazing! I read it in just a few days!
Cass, I LOVE the blogger book club idea! And I would recommend "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coehleo. I want to read The Kite Runner, too, but anytime I see anything about it I think of another book I read called "Terrorist Hunter". WOW! It's a true story written by an anonymous author and it's incredible!
Mia....I haven't seen the movie. I actually had no idea that there was one. I don't know if I want to see it either.
Oooooh, I read Kite Runner about a year ago and thought it was so depressing and still can't get it out of my head! I am not saying I hated it, but it was soooo sad! And A Thousand Splendid Suns you have to read if you liked the Kite Runner....it is equally as depressing, but so insightful! I just got invited in a book club a couple of monthes ago and love it! It has made me get reading again, which I love to do, and it also lets me go out of my house and have adult conversation for a little bit!
Post a Comment