Sunday, January 15, 2012

It's been an ENTIRE YEAR...


Since I have blogged anything... and I've been feeling quite guilty about it... which is typical of me. Ha! This is our 2011 family picture.  Hopefully by the time we take one of these, we will have an extra addition to our family. We hope to be pregnant again within the next couple of months.... we are keeping our fingers crossed.

I am still a stay at home mom.  I renewed my nursing license, but I don't think I will go back to work until the kids are grown.  I love being home with my girls.
I have been working out with a personal trainer at IMFIT for the past year and have really enjoyed getting back into shape.  I have also recently started practicing Yoga again once a week and it feels really good to get back into that as well.  Keeping a journal is one of my goals for 2012... so let's pray that I follow through with it!

Ava is getting so beautiful.  She is 7 now and missing a few teeth.  She is still as much of a Tom Boy as always.  I'm lucky if I can get her to brush her teeth and hair everyday!  She is extremely picky about what she wears.  I finally found her a pair of pants that she will wear.... unfortunately they were $42 dollars a pair at Nordstrom!  I bought her 3 pair, and I wash them a couple times a week.  I have been known to complain about how picky and stubborn she is... but in all reality, I wouldn't have her any other way.  Zach Simkins is still her best friend, although lately, she prefers to stay home and hang out with me and her sister.  She is a good student...  Sometimes she amazes me at how well she can remember things.  It's almost as though she has a photographic memory.  She's not really into sports, and I can't convince her to take dance classes, but she seems to really enjoy painting, and crafting.  Yesterday she asked me if she could take up knitting.  She has been knitting hats at school for a service project and really likes it.  So it looks like I'll be stopping by the fabric store this week to pick up some knitting supplies.  

Sadie is adorable.  She is an extremely loving child and is constantly telling us how much she loves us.  In fact, she is so adorable, that it is sometimes hard to get angry with her.  Although she has been pushing Mom and Dad's buttons lately with all of her whining.  I don't think she knows how to speak without making without whining..... If she wasn't so cute, we would have strangled her by now.
She has been going to preschool 3 times a week and seems to really enjoy it... she's not too interested in learning her letters or writing her name, but she does love it when I read books to her.
I have been sending her to ballet class for the last year, hoping that she would finally start to like it... but I have come to the realization that she never will.  So last week I pulled her out of dance class.  I think we will just stick to soccer in the summer for now.  Sadie is a big tease and loves to pester her sister.

Spencer is still the GM of the Chev store.  He seems to really enjoy it, although the job comes with quite a bit of stress.  It amazes me often at what a great leader he is and that men twice his age are eager to hear his opinion and ask for his advice.  He is a loving father and husband, and tries hard to balance work and family.  His favorite thing to do is plan trips to Cabos... I think he went there at least 5 times last year.  And he will probably make it there at least that many time this year.  His dad actually bought some land there last year and plans to start building a house soon.  I am really excited to be able to take the kids and stay there for a couple weeks once it is all finished.

We bought a GoldenDoodle last year and named him Max.  We are all in love with him!  He is a great dog.  Bella is still as stubborn as ever... that dog seriously tests my patients.... and if it weren't for Spencer, Ava, and Sadie (who would be devastated without her) I wouldn't be upset if we gave her away.  Ok... maybe a little sad... but not sad enough to keep her... lol... I know that sounds horrible!

0 comments: