Tuesday, May 11, 2010

kids


Sadie and Ava 2007

Both the girls are asleep, but I'm having a hard time quieting down. I've been listening to Ava snore while going through some old photos. They're evoking all kinds of emotion. My kids are growing so fast. It makes me sad in a way..... that they won't be small forever.

I'm frustrated with myself this week. I've been short tempered and to put it frankly..... quite unbearable to be around. Sometimes I wish I could erase those dark moments..... when I'm less than patient. I want my girls to always know HOW MUCH I love them.... no matter how grouchy I get.

I worry a lot if I am raising them right. And If I'm teaching them all they need to know to some day be honest, loving, nurturing mothers. I worry about setting the right example for them. I worry if they will have a testimony, when their own mother struggles at times with having one of her own.

Sometimes I wonder how such an imperfect woman got so lucky.... lucky to have two beautiful, unique, and loving children.

The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new. ~Rajneesh