Hmmmm .... where should I begin? Sadie has been sick ...... ear infection, fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose.... the whole shebang. I know, I know, ....... anyone who knows me well is probably thinking "What's new???" And that's just it! The poor thing has had a runny nose and cough since the day she was born. Seriously!
I keep thinking that this is just a phase that she will soon be growing out of. She was born 5 weeks early and maybe her little body is just having a hard time getting adjusted. But she's now 2 1/2 and I'm starting think that this is not normal!
And let's face it, it's hard to ignore the looks I get when we show up to the gym ..... restaurant .... family event ..... or wherever.... and Sadie has a hacking cough and snot running down her face.
I don't blame them for it ....really. I wouldn't want someone else's kid hacking all over my kid.
So if I sound a bit frustrated it's because I am ... a bit.
And I'm just wondering what all of you think. Any suggestions? Have any of your kids had a nasty cold since the day they were born?
Some feedback would be much appreciated.
Thanks
and
Peace out
















4 comments:
That's Abby! It sounds to me like she has allergies. It's a hard one to diagnose, since the only way to know for sure is to go through the horrible 'scratch test' procedure. It depends on what she is allergic to, but Abby has a runny nose and cough every spring and then again in the fall. It started at 6 months, and the doc said it couldn't be allergies. Sadie may be allergic to something she is exposed to regularly, like detergent or milk. (anything can cause that kind of reaction) I took her to a chiropractor this past fall...and NO MORE COUGH OR RUNNY NOSE! If you want his info, call/text me!
YES!! I would love his info!!!
Get a IGG blood antibody test. That's what I'm going to get for my daughter who has had the same thing every since she had RSV at age 1. They have to be 100% well for the blood test. We battle with cold after cold, antibiotic right after each other. Hope your little one feels better!
I would definitely have her checked for allergies if it has gone on this long. I am surprised your pediatrician hasn't mentioned something by now. We checked Phillip at 1 yr. because he kept getting ear infections and asthma. He did have allergies to milk, eggs, dust mite, cats, etc. She has been through enough seasons to know if she is allergic to outdoor things too.
Post a Comment