Friday, November 20, 2009


I've been struggling with the idea of keeping my job as a nurse or staying home with the kids for good. I know what you're thinking ........ you only work like 2 days a month! I know, I know, But with Spence working so many hours, I would rather just focus full time on being a mom.
I decided to get Ava's input on the situation as we were walking home from school yesterday. Here is how the conversation went:

MOM: Ava, Mommy is thinking about not going to work anymore. What do you think?

AVA: (silence)

MOM: This would mean that I would stay home with you all the time! Would you rather me go to work sometimes or just stay home with you all the time!!!!?


AVA: Go to work.
( LOL! .....totally not the answer I was expecting)

MOM: ............. oh.



5 comments:

Chelseys Blog said...

I have been thinking about quitting my job too and Adelyn gave me the same response---- guess they need a break from us!

Steveo - Pass The Hammer said...

For what my input isn't worth, I think that its always a good idea to keep a connection to your profession, even if you don't need the income from it. I also don't know if you have licenses or certifications to keep up, but if you do, working ocassionally probably makes that easier. You'll make the right decision whatever that is.

Bryce and Janica said...

who asked for her opinion anyway? :)

LUKE AND MONICA said...

Haha! That's probably not what you were hoping for.

Hillary Vaughan said...

That is funny! Kids always say the thing we don't want them too!
I did try some oils on Beau. It has been helping. Thanks for your advise. It is good to hear from other mom's and especially a nurse.

Jamie was in the NICU @ MkayDee and she quit almost a year ago and loves it. She still keeps up her license, but loves being home. That is a hard decision! Good luck and thanks again!!