Oh we have been so very busy at the Young house! Ava has been into "crafting" lately and she's gotten into the habit of saying, "Mom, I'm bored, let's do a craft!" Now, I'm not the craftiest of people, and I've really had to think (ouch) and get really creative to keep my mini crafter happy.
This is what we've been up to:
Wednesday we made snowflakes out of white paper and hung them from the ceiling fan.

We now have our very own winter wonderland in our living room.
The kids love it!

On Saturday we made a garland out of popcorn, cranberries, and golden raisins. I now have a new appreciation for golden raisins. They're delicious! This was a fairly easy project, but it was quite time consuming...... especially because Ava got distracted after about 10 minutes and I ended up finishing all by myself. (Isn't that how it always goes?!!!) The kids had a blast eating the popcorn though .....
not so much the cranberries.
Sadie put one in her mouth, spit it out, and yelled, "Caca beaweez!"



Stay tuned to see the finished product placed on our Christmas tree! If you haven't noticed, we're kind of going for the hand crafted/old fashioned Christmas look this year.
It's been fun!
And pretty darn inexpensive! BONUS!















2 comments:
Check out the FLN (Fine Living TV) on DirectTv Ch. 232 (I think). They have a lot of Martha Stewart type shows on there. Ava might even sit and watch them, which is probably better than parking her in front of Spongebob.
Love the popcorn garland! I've already decorated this year, but maybe next year we'll try it out. :)
Post a Comment